The following instructions are for SEPDISP27 displays marked with D27A02XXXX serial numbers on the FPC (see picture beside).
• Replace the display in an ambient temperature of 25 °C.
• After replacing the LCD, switch on the cluster (pin no. 1 positive, pin no. 24 negative)
• If you have a multimeter with needle probes, measure the voltage between A and B points on the rear of the board (see
picture 1), OTHERWISE remove the pointers and the front panel and measure the voltage between A and B points on the
front part of the board (see picture 2).
• If the voltage measured is between 7,0V and 7,2V, no modification is necessary;
• If the voltage detected is instead lower than 7,0V or higher than 7,2V, it is necessary to do the modification described in the
following paragraph “EEPROM MODIFICATION“
NOTE: For this modification on the instrument clusters,
it is necessary to use an EEPROM programmer.
We recommend our SEP-EECLIP.
• First, set the programmer reading in hexadecimal (HEX).
• Make a backup of the 24C08 EEPROM, which is on
the cluster (picture 3).
To reach a voltage between 7,0V and 7,2V, it is necessary to modify the value of 0320 location OR the one of 0343 location; to identify which location to act on, locate the group of 3 consecutive values: “14, 28, 78”. The value to be modified is always the one before the group just mentioned.
Please note that increasing or decreasing these locations by 1 HEX unit, the variation will be +/- 0.1V.
If not familiar with hexadecimal calculation, it is possible to use the calculation tool in the box beside, simply typing in the values.
NOTE: For the oflline version download PDF.
Once these modifications have been done, measure again the voltage between A and B points and check that it actually is between 7,0V and 7.2V. If not, increase or decrease the location until the value is as close as possible to the right range.