• Replace the display in an ambient temperature of 25 °C.
• After replacing the LCD, switch on the cluster (pin no. 1 negative, pin no. 5 and pin no. 6 positive).
• Identify the PCB of your dashboard (PCB1 or PCB2) and measure the voltage between A and B points.
• If the voltage measured is between 7.7V and 7.8V, no modification is necessary;
• If the voltage detected is instead lower than 7.7V or higher than 7.8V, it is necessary to do the modification described in the
following paragraph “EEPROM MODIFICATION“.
NOTE: For this modification, it is necessary to use an EEPROM programmer.
We recommend our SEP-EECLIP.
• De-solder the 93C86 EEPROM from the PCB;
•Set the programmer reading in hexadecimal (HEX).
ATTENTION: make a backup of the EEPROM,
before the modification.
• To reach a voltage between 7.7V and 7.8V, identify the 01E4, 01E5, 01E6 and 01E7 locations and modify their values: increasing or decreasing the 4 locations values by 1 HEX unit, the variation will be +/- 0.09 V.
If not familiar with hexadecimal calculation, it is possibile to use the calculation tool in the box beside, simply typing in the values.
Once these operations have been done, solder back the 93C86 EEPROM on the PCB, switch on the instrument cluster and check again the tension between points A and B.
Verify, then, if a voltage between 7.7V and 7.8V has actually been reached. If not, decrease or increase the values of the locations until the voltage is between that range.
WARNING: if the VOLTAGE HAS NOT CHANGED at all after the EEPROM modification, CONTAC US.