NEW DISPLAY ADAPTABLE TO VOLKSWAGEN, FORD, SEAT, SKODA AND AUDI DASHBOARDS
The Minitools product range now includes the new SEPDISP36. This state-of-the-art display uses new technologies to improve the quality of information displayed and display performance. The new instrument cluster display is an improvement of the original and adaptable to a wide range of Jaeger, Magneti Marelli and VDO instrument clusters, listed below. The following technologies are used to improve the performance of the replacement display adaptable to Audi, Ford, Seat, Skoda and VW dashboards:
- Adaptive voltage This technology ensures that the display does not undergo contrast variations due to external temperature changes. The SEPDISP36 performs an adaptive function, irrespective of the instrument cluster motherboard. This allows better performance.
- Improved contrast The display is sharper under all conditions due to the state-of-the-art technology used.
- Chip on glass (COG) COG technology consists of positioning the chip directly on the glass. This differs from the old COF technology (now obsolete), where the chip was positioned on FPC (flexible printed circuit), connected to the LCD by a flexible cable (ribbon cable/flat connector). Because the original display uses COF technology, lines start to appear after 5 to 15 years of wear and ultimately the display disappears altogether. This wear occurs in 100% of cases. COG technology applied to the SEPDISP36 makes it much longer-lasting and not subject to the above malfunctions.
The display is effectively more reliable in the long term. Its contrast is a great improvement on the original and it is less subject to malfunctions due to external temperature changes. The SEPDISP36 can be used to repair Volkswagen, Audi, Seat Skoda and Ford instrument clusters without having to replace the dashboard. The display can be installed on the following car makes and models:
- Audi A2 (2000 – 2005);
- Audi A3 Serie 8L (1996 – 2003), some OEM codes 8L0920900A, 8L0920930A, 8L0919860A – 110008778002 etc.;
- Audi A4 (1994 – 2001), some OEM codes 110008835002, 8D0919033B etc.;
- Audi A6 (1997 – 2004), some OEM codes 110008890001, 110008948048, 110080128001 etc.;
- Audi TT (1998 – 2006), some OEM codes 8N1919860C, 8N2920980D etc.;
- Ford Galaxy (2000 – 2006), some OEM codes 7M5920800K, YM2110849AJC etc.;
- Seat Alhambra (2000 – 2010);
- Seat Ibiza/Leon (up to 2004);
- Skoda Fabia/Octavia (up to 2004);
- Volkswagen Golf IV (1997 – 2004);
- Volkswagen Passat (1996 – 2002), some OEM codes 3B0920802A, 3B0919860D etc.;
- Volkswagen Sharan (2000 – 2010), some OEM codes 110080032002, 7M3920840G etc.;
- Volkswagen Bora (1998 – 2005);
- Volkswagen Transporter T4 VDO (2003 – 2009), some OEM codes 7D0920800BX, 7D0920801B etc.;
- Volkswagen Transporter T5 VDO (2003 – 2009), some OEM codes 7H0920851K, 7H0920851E, 7H0920953 etc.