The following instructions are for SEPDISP26
displays marked with D26A02XXXX serial
numbers on the FPC (see picture beside).
• Replace the display in an ambient temperature of 25 °C.
• After replacing the LCD, switch on the cluster (pin no. 2 and pin no. 3 positive, pin no. 18 negative).
• Identify the PCB of your dashboard (PCB1 or PCB2) and measure the voltage between the points A and B with a multimeter.
– If the voltage measured is between 7.0V and 7.2V, no modification is necessary;
– If the voltage detected is instead lower than 7.0V or higher than 7.2V, it is necessary to do the modification described in the following paragraph “EEPROM MODIFICATION“.
NOTE: For this modification, it is necessary to use an EEPROM programmer.
We recommend our SEP-EECLIP.
• First, set the programmer reading in hexadecimal (HEX).
• De-solder the 24C08 EEPROM, highlighted in picture 3.
ATTENTION: Make a backup of the EEPROM, before the modification.
• To reach a voltage between 7.0V and 7.2V, it is necessary to modify the value of 039B location; Please note that increasing or decreasing these locations by 1 HEX unit, the variation will be +/- 0.09V.
If not familiar with hexadecimal calculation, it is possible to use the calculation tool in the box beside, simply typing in the values.
NOTE: For the oflline version download PDF.
Once these modifications have been done, measure again the voltage between A and B points and check that it actually is between 7.0V and 7.2V.
If not, increase or decrease the location until the value is as close as possible to the right range.