Replace the display in an ambient temperature of 25 °C.
After replacing the LCD, switch on the cluster: white connector (pic. 2) pin no. 1 negative, pin no. 5 and pin no. 6 positive.
Measure the voltage between A and B points as in picture 3.
• If the voltage measured is between 12.08V and 12.12V, no modification is necessary;
• If the voltage detected is instead lower than 12.08V or higher than 12.12V, it is necessary to do the modification described in the following paragraph “EEPROM MODIFICATION“.
NOTE: For this modification it is necessary to use an EEPROM programmer.
We recommend our SEP-EECLIP.
· First, set the programmer reading in hexadecimal (HEX);
· Desolder and make a backup of the 24C16 EEPROM (shown in picture 4);
· To reach a voltage close to 12.1V act on 02B8 location.
Please note that decreasing this location by 1 HEX unit, the variation will be +0.016V, or vice versa.
NOTE: For the oflline version download PDF.
If not familiar with hexadecimal calculation, it is possibile to use the calculation tool in the box below, simply typing in the values.
Once these modifications have been done, measure again the voltage between A and B points and check that it actually is between 12.08V and 12.12V.
If not, increase or decrease the location until the value is as close as possible to the right range.